Very Important Boarder

stargazer713

Online Nie
Poziom 24
Dołączył/a 3 r.
Posty 402
Lokacja デルタ・ベルン

2 r.
keychainLookin' good to me! The lower half could be a little brighter but just as it is the lighting gives it a nice soft spotlit look to it that works well and gives a nice ambiance. I think you could get better color and detail if you could get your camera to shoot at a lower ISO. I think your camera has a long exposure mode, should be worth trying.

Thanks for the feedback! I've updated the SR3 post with 2 new pictures taken with a better camera, it has better macro and the colors shows up more vibrant. I've also taken pictures of the first model with the new camera and tried to shine light evenly, please taken a look ^^ (mfc link)

keychain
Very Important Boarder

keychain

Online Nie
Poziom 16
Dołączył/a 4 r.
Posty 109
Lokacja United St...

2 r.
stargazer713Thanks for the feedback! I've updated the SR3 post with 2 new pictures taken with a better camera, it has better macro and the colors shows up more vibrant. I've also taken pictures of the first model with the new camera and tried to shine light evenly, please taken a look ^^ (mfc link)

Hmm, highlights seem pretty blown out in the new pics. Sometimes it can work well, but for this type of shot I think you should maintain some detail in the highlights. The lighting does seem more even on the legs, so I think just taking a shorter exposure or using some negative exposure compensation should bring the highlights in check. From there maybe you could do some subtle boosting of the shadows with curves and/or level adjustments to bring up the shadow details. One tip that might be useful, periodically step back and look at the whole picture as you work on it. Sometimes it's easy to get tunnel vision when trying to correct one thing and not notice you might be hurting other things until you come back later and take a fresh look at it. Then it can be like, oh man, wtf did I do lol.

Another tip, I've always found it useful to use a reference photo when working with sets to maintain consistency when editing. Whether that reference is the first pic you finished, or a completely different pic with the qualities you want, it can be hard to objectively look at something you're working on without having something to compare it to. Also, especially when working on a single photo, it's important to compare before and afters when you make adjustments, just to make sure you are making things better and not worse. I don't know how many times I've gone overboard editing because I wasn't paying enough attention to the little details along the way, orz.

stargazer713
the 0th Mirage Knight
Very Important Boarder

stargazer713

Online Nie
Poziom 24
Dołączył/a 3 r.
Posty 402
Lokacja デルタ・ベルン

2 r.
You are referring to the new Knight of Gold pictures right? Anyways, awesome guidance once again, thanks so much and I'll keep these in mind for my next project! Edit: I've edited the KoG pictures again, hopefully for the last time xD I do like them a lot more!
Zaktualizowano 2 r. #840770

keychain
Very Important Boarder

keychain

Online Nie
Poziom 16
Dołączył/a 4 r.
Posty 109
Lokacja United St...

2 r.
Didn't see the edit until now, orz.

Noticing some white balance "issues" (actually adds some nice atmosphere and contrast, so whether it's an issue is arguable lol) and still some blown out highlights (reflections?) but overall I like the lighting.

For the blown highlights, one thing you could experiment with is taking a couple shots at different exposures, overlaying them in Photoshop and using masks and adjustments to bring back highlight detail in the finished image. Basically a simple form of HDR, main thing is to keep it natural looking.

stargazer713
the 0th Mirage Knight
Very Important Boarder

stargazer713

Online Nie
Poziom 24
Dołączył/a 3 r.
Posty 402
Lokacja デルタ・ベルン

2 r.
keychainDidn't see the edit until now, orz.

Noticing some white balance "issues" (actually adds some nice atmosphere and contrast, so whether it's an issue is arguable lol) and still some blown out highlights (reflections?) but overall I like the lighting.

For the blown highlights, one thing you could experiment with is taking a couple shots at different exposures, overlaying them in Photoshop and using masks and adjustments to bring back highlight detail in the finished image. Basically a simple form of HDR, main thing is to keep it natural looking.

Awesome, thanks! I'll watch out for these next time.

« Poprzednia   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Następna »

Góra ↑

Dołącz do klubu, aby dołączyć do dyskusji.